InterDent was founded over 30 years ago by a group of dentists who realized that they could provide better patient care if someone else handled the administrative, business, and tech aspects of a practice.
Today, under the brands Gentle Dental, Smile Keepers and more, our dental service organization (DSO) provides business support to over 200 practices in eight states including Arizona, California, Hawaii, Kansas, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon and Washington.
InterDent is based out of Inglewood, CA with a second office in Vancouver, WA. This position is based in Vancouver, WA and reports to the CIO.
This position is responsible for the coordination, implementation and management of overall Help Desk functions, including related supervisory responsibilities for managing support staff. As a working manager; the ideal candidate should expect to divide time between managerial duties and help desk duties. An estimated 50% of this position would be dedicated to general support and projects and 50% towards leadership activities.
Essential Duties include:
- Proactively identifying mediums for ensuring that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and other reporting requests are maintained and available as requested.
- Identify trends from reports to determine solutions to trends or problem areas that may need to be addressed.
- Maintain a high level of Help Desk customer focus by prioritizing issues and communicating appropriately with customers
- Mentor and train team members, meet deadlines, work with other departmental/service area managers to identify opportunities that improve user experience and measure performance.
- Work with existing reporting and analytics tools to monitor Help Desk performance, identify and address areas of potential performance issues and monitor KPI’s
- Act as Point of Contact for VP and Executive level staff and escalation point Directors of Operations and OHP Outreach.
- Develop cross-team and cross-departmental expertise necessary to effectively respond to issues
- Perform periodic review and evaluation of all employees, managing necessary performance issues, training requirements, as necessary for the development of individual resources as a team
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Take customer calls, work tickets, and participate in on call rotation as a member of the Help Desk team
- Develop and document process and procedural enhancements as needed for continuous process and service improvement
- Ensure the Help Desks maintains a high level of responsiveness, communication, professionalism, and overall staff knowledge
- Manage escalated incidents and resolve the incidents working with the IT Infrastructure team to capture details in knowledgebase articles for future reference
- Manage, monitor and report on the services and service levels required to support and deliver an exceptional Help Desk environment
- Ensure the Help Desk staff is appropriately skilled and trained to deliver excellent technical support and customer service
- Ensure customer service excellence by monitoring tickets and reviewing customer feedback
- Establish working schedules, manage time off to ensure appropriate coverage for operating workloads and task allocations
- Develop an understanding of the unique technology requirements that exist within the business unit(s) advocating for solutions and enhancements that meet the need of the business
- 3-5 years’ experience managing and developing high performing Help Desk team working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Exceptional customer service skills, interpersonal skills and ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Ability to prioritize effectively and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- Experience with ITIL best practices and working knowledge of a range of computer diagnostic utilities
- Knowledge of computer hardware, including laptops, desktops and peripherals (PC & Mac) and application support experience with MS Office including Outlook
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, highly self-motivated with an attention to detail, proven analytical and problem-solving abilities and strong documentation skills