Vice President, Controller
InterDent was founded over 30 years ago by a group of dentists who realized that they could provide better patient care if someone else handled the administrative and business aspects of a practice.
Today, under the brands Gentle Dental and Smile Keepers, our dental service organization (DSO) provides business support to over 200 practices in eight states including Arizona, California, Hawaii, Kansas, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon and Washington.
InterDent is based out of Inglewood, CA with a second office in Vancouver, WA and backed by a private equity firm. This position is based in Inglewood, CA.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures to financial management, budget, and accounting.
- Hire, train and develop staff based on needs of the department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the staff.
- Planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, staff development, rewarding and disciplining employees and problem resolution.
- Supervises and participates in preparation of various financial statements and reports. Reviews financial statements with partners.
- Reviews and directs the processing of all accounting functions.
- Reviews and reconciles all general ledger entries.
- Directs internal/external audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls. Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems. Coordinates preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Interacts with third parties in matters pertaining to accounting issues.
- Assist the consulting CPA tax firm in the preparation of all year-end data and journal entries required for tax purposes.
- Involvement in various accounting projects as directed by CFO.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform at high level. Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others. Creates a sense of team spirit and helps to create a positive work environment. Treats people with respect, keeps commitments; and upholds organizational values.
- Quality Management: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to help achieve departmental and company goals.
- Organizational Support: Follows and supports policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports Company’s goals and values. Responds to management direction and follows instruction.
- Oral/Written Communication Skills: Speaks/writes clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills. Actively participates in meetings. Presents in a professional manner.
- Cost Consciousness: Works within approved budget. Conserves organizational resources. Develops and implements cost saving measures.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for improvements.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events.
What we value and what you can expect from us:
- Demonstrates proficiency in all MS Office applications including Word, Excel, & Power Point & Great Plains ERP
- Integrity, commitment, accountability, team, continuous improvement, legendary service.
- At InterDent we offer a competitive benefits package which includes the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO, Paid Holidays, Deferred Compensation plans, and more.