The IT Field Support Analyst is the immediate escalation point for the Helpdesk in support of the technologies required to successfully operate a dental office as well as support corporate operations. These technologies include but are not limited to, PC operating systems and applications, server operating systems and applications, networking, phone systems including Voice over IP, dental scheduling, charting, orthodontic, and imaging systems. The individual filling this role should have the ability to understand all the technology components of the dental office and be a technical resource to the team for those components in support of office openings, closures, and technology conversions. The individual filling this role needs to be able to understand how things are done today but drive process and technology improvements. The IT Field Support Analyst shall be able to escalate to other IT team members or to vendors in support of operations within the dental offices. The IT Field Support Analyst shall provide insight to the IT Support Team and its procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user issues. Potential for travel 25%.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day management of applications used in dental offices including but not limited to, MiPACS, QSI, CPS, Dolphin, and Digimodel.
- Support including but not limited to, PC imaging, installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, configuring systems and applications, as well as VoIP phones, scanners, and printers.
- Dental office server support including, configuration troubleshooting, patching, and backup.
- Provide complete ownership for tasks related to projects regarding the integration of acquired dental offices.
- Support research and evaluations of new technologies required for dental offices.
- Network troubleshooting as it applies to dental office operations.
- Escalation point for support and ownership of problems as they pertain to the dental office.
- Analyze service desk ticket data to identify problem areas, devise and deliver solutions to address those problem areas and enhance departmental service quality.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations to infrastructure teammates.
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
- Mentor IT Helpdesk members and encourage technical and professional growth.
- Creates and maintains, documentation on systems for dispatched tech support.
Essential Knowledge Areas
- Advanced working knowledge of PC operating systems including Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Working knowledge of VM Ware ESXi hypervisor.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of PC servers and operating systems including Server 2008 and 2012.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of IP based networking technologies and equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects.
- Exceptional knowledge of computer hardware.
- In-depth working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation (in person, over the phone, and via email)
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete each of the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelors of Science Degree (BS) in a technology related field and 8+ years of related work experience or the equivalent combination of relevant technical training and work experience left to the discretion of the hiring manager.
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, PTO, Paid Holidays, and more.