As a Dental Director of Operations, you will contribute to the company’s success by effectively directing all business within a region in California including but not limited to employee development, growth and profit objectives, customer service, hiring, coaching and proper control of all payroll, facility and operating expenses. You’ll also need to be a motivator and mentor, someone who can guide your team of Practice Managers and develop their talent - you’ll be inspiring a team of great people committed to creating a welcoming environment through legendary customer service and care. You should possess exemplary planning, organization and communication skills and act as a positive, professional role model. This role does require Dental Industry experience as well as up to 80% travel.
You will represent 18 dental offices in the Greater San Francisco Bay area. A large part of the role will include creating aggressive sales and marketing approaches to grow our plan enrollment and retention. As well as developing, maintaining, and leveraging relationships with mid to high-level management.
Compensation Range: $115,000-$125,000 + Bonuses
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Leadership – Setting goals for each Practice Manager, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Manages with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Gentle Dental.
- Create and maintain strategic sales initiatives that promote year over year growth
- Develop your operational team in California to deliver legendary customer experiences in all practices.
- Take ownership of California including but not limited to, customer loyalty, employee engagement, employee retention, financials, marketing, staffing, facilities, patient counts, office efficiency, legal compliance, cash controls, processing payroll and invoices, HR documents, and other administrative duties as needed.
- Regularly monitors all key performance areas of the region e.g: budget, staffing, scheduling, OTC collections, outside and internal referrals, and region productivity to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching to the management team to take action.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the Practice Managers within the region, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Creates region implementation plans to support execution of regional and company initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and business results. Follows up consistently to ensure accountability to plans.
- Monitors and manages region-wide management staffing levels. Ensures management-level development and talent acquisition in order to achieve and maintain region operational requirements.
- Utilizes existing tools to identify and prioritize communications and filters communications to the store management team within the district. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective operations at the practice and regional level.
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Accesses external resources to support region-wide operations and to execute initiatives such as Partner Resources, Marketing, Teammate & Asset Protection, Finance, Real Estate, and Practice Development.
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for nonexempt partners and minors.
- Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the local community.
- Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in region performance.
Team Development & Team Building – Providing team members with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least five years of experience managing multiple practice/site locations (7+) in the Dental Industry
- Proven track record of year over year growth
- Proven track record of measurable, successful customer service initiatives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to forecast and analyze business trends to maximize territory performance and profitability
- Ability to create and maintain a budget
- Proven leadership capability
- Travel within territory required (4 to 5 days in the field). Also traveling to mandatory meetings, conferences, and various other locations (such as dental fairs or career fairs).
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Deferred Compensation plan, PTO, Paid Holidays