InterDent was founded over 30 years ago by a group of dentists who realized that they can better focus on patient care if someone else handled the administrative and business aspects of a practice. Today, under the brands “Gentle Dental” and “Smile Keepers” our dental service organization (DSO) provides business support to over 200 practices in eight states including Arizona, California, Hawaii, Kansas, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Washington.
InterDent is based out of Inglewood, CA with a second office in Vancouver, WA and backed by the private equity firm H.I.G.
This position is Full-Time (at least 40 hours per week) at our Inglewood, CA office.
Compensation: $57,500 - $72,500 DOE
Staff Accountant Duties:
- Manages the complete fixed asset management cycle
- Prepares general ledger journal entries through research and maintaining records and files.
- Prepares period accruals; analyzing balance sheet accounts as part of the period close.
- Prepares complex, high volume balance sheet accounts reconciliation accurately.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares monthly account bank reconciliations.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Assists in the performance of other accounting department functions as required to meet departmental objectives and time frames.
- Expect to work at least forty hours per week.
- Assists with special projects as requested.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Minimum five years direct general accounting experience including month end close process.
- Strong ability to use MS Office packages, including MS Word, Access and Excel.
- Knowledge of Great Plains or similar ERP experience.
- Ability to analyze and maintain general ledgers, trial balances and financial statements.
- Experience with fixed asset accounting in Great Plains preferred.
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and speaking, as well as good organizational skills.
- Detailed oriented with excellent ability to analyze data and circumstances.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, work effectively in a team environment and meet deadlines.
- Good at working independently, thinking critically and proffering quality ideas to improving organization’s processes.
Bachelor's or higher degrees in Accounting or Finance
What we value and what you can expect from us:
- Integrity, commitment, accountability, team, continuous improvement, legendary service.
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO, Paid Time Off, and Short and Long-term disability, etc.