As a Director of Operations, you will contribute to the company’s success by effectively directing all business within a region in Vancouver, WA and the surrounding area. This includes but is not limited to employee development, growth and profit objectives, customer service, hiring, coaching and proper control of all payroll, facility and operating expenses.
As the head of your region, you’ll motivate, mentor, and guide your team of Practice Managers and create a welcoming environment through service and care. Exemplary planning, organization and communication skills are key and dental industry experience is highly preferred. This position is field based and requires frequent travel to the offices in Vancouver and the surrounding area.
A large part of the role will include creating and executing aggressive business plans and developing people to achieve goals.
Compensation Range: $90,000-$120,000 DOE + Bonuses
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Leadership – Setting goals for each Practice Manager, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Manages with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Gentle Dental.
- Create and maintain strategic sales initiatives that promote year over year growth
- Develop your operational team to deliver legendary customer experiences in all practices.
- Take ownership of the region including but not limited to, customer loyalty, employee engagement, employee retention, financials, marketing, staffing, facilities, patient counts, office efficiency, legal compliance, cash controls, processing payroll and invoices, HR documents, and other administrative duties as needed.
- Regularly monitors all key performance areas of the region e.g: budget, staffing, scheduling, OTC collections, outside and internal referrals, and region productivity to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching to the management team to take action.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the Practice Managers within the region, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Creates region implementation plans to support execution of regional and company initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and business results. Follows up consistently to ensure accountability to plans.
- Monitors and manages region-wide management staffing levels. Ensures management-level development and talent acquisition in order to achieve and maintain region operational requirements.
- Utilizes existing tools to identify and prioritize communications and filters communications to the store management team within the district. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective operations at the practice and regional level.
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Accesses external resources to support region-wide operations and to execute initiatives such as Partner Resources, Marketing, Teammate & Asset Protection, Finance, Real Estate, and Practice Development.
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for nonexempt partners and minors.
- Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the local community.
- Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in region performance.
Team Development & Team Building – Providing team members with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams.
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA preferred but not required
- At least five years of experience managing multiple practice/site locations (7+) preferably in the Dental Industry
- Proven track record of year over year growth
- Proven track record of measurable, successful customer service initiatives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to forecast and analyze business trends to maximize territory performance and profitability
- Ability to create and maintain a budget
- Proven leadership capability
- Travel within territory required (4 to 5 days in the field). Also traveling to mandatory meetings, conferences, and various other locations (such as dental fairs or career fairs).
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Deferred Compensation plan, PTO, Paid Holidays