InterDent is based out of Inglewood, CA with a second support office in Vancouver, WA. This position is a remote role based in California (preferably close to our office in San Francisco, Orange County, Southern California, or San Diego), with a need to visit California offices on an as needed basis.
InterDent was founded over 30 years ago by a group of dentists who realized that they could provide better patient care if someone else handled the administrative, business, and tech aspects of a practice.
Today, under the brands Gentle Dental, Smile Keepers and more, our dental service organization (DSO) provides support to over 150 dental offices practices in eight states (Arizona, California, Hawaii, Kansas, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon and Washington).
Supporting our offices in California, the HRBP provides strategic and hands-on support to key stakeholders by aligning business objectives with employees and management. As a partner to management on HR matters, the HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit, its plans and strategies, its culture and its competition, while assessing and anticipating its HR related needs and strengths. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be required.
- Provides advice and counsel on strategies, plans, HR practices, policies, and employment laws.
- Works across all positions to teach policies and initiatives.
- Supporting leadership and front line management in change management, organizational design, employee engagement and talent analytics.
- Ensuring compliance with all state and federal discrimination and employment regulations.
- Partnering with business leaders and HR teams to create new mechanisms to support and share best practices.
- Managing critical issues, crisis or claims requiring investigation or escalations to Senior Leadership.
- Conducts timely, effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Analyzing, diagnosing, designing, and revising HR programs, policies, and practices.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- BA/BS degree.
- Experience independently conducting investigations from intake to closure.
- Strong knowledge of California employment law.
- At least 3 years of direct experience in a HRBP role or 5+ years in an HR Generalist position.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.
- Emphasis on employee relations, change management, and labor/employment law.
- Strong analytical thinker and driven to root cause identification and solution generation.
- Creative in approach to driving positive employee relations and change.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment.
- Strong business acumen, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and persuasion skills, enabling individual to establish partnerships working with senior leaders and across organizational lines, effective influencer absent direct authority.
- Able to handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner.
- High-quality judgment and sound decision-making.
Benefits Include (and are not limited to): Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Long and Short Term Disability, 401k (no match), and Paid Holidays.