InterDent was founded over 30 years ago by a group of dentists who realized that they can better focus on patient care if someone else handled the administrative and business aspects of a practice. Today, under the brands “Gentle Dental” and “Smile Keepers” our dental service organization (DSO) provides business support to approximately 200 practices in eight states including Arizona, California, Hawaii, Kansas, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Washington.
InterDent is based out of Inglewood, CA with a second office in Vancouver, WA and backed by Prospect Capital.
This position is Full-Time (at least 40 hours per week) at our Inglewood, CA office. The salary range for this position is $120,0000- $140,000 DOE
Corporate Controller Duties:
- Responsible for month-end close
- Prepares complex balance sheet account reconciliations and reviews other account reconciliations prepared by the staff or senior accountants
- Performs monthly analysis of the company’s medical, malpractice and health plan claims and records proper accrued expenses.
- Team player and works with the accounting department to meet all deadlines.
- Assists in the company’s annual financial audit
- Assists and / or reviews all tax returns / forms prepared by the company’s outside tax accountants
- Analyzes information and data by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Assists in the performance of other accounting department functions as required to meet departmental objectives and timeframes.
- Assists with special projects as requested.
- Reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Accounting / Financial Reporting
- 3-5 senior accountant direct reports and potentially other direct report depending upon the candidate experience and qualifications
- Performs annual review on all direct reports
- Minimum 10 – 15 years of direct general accounting/finance experience of which two years is controllership experience.
- CPA license is required (Active license status preferred).
- A mixture of public accounting and private industry is required with “Big 4” public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of GAAP is required. Prior experience with the new standards related to leases or ASC 842 is strongly desirable.
- Mastery of MS Word, Access and Excel.
- Knowledge of Great Plains or similar ERP experience.
- Ability to analyze and maintain general ledgers, trial balances and financial statements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent ability to analyze data and circumstances.
- Team player and a hands-on individual who is willing to roll up their sleeves and work with the accounting department members.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and good organizational skills.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
Bachelor's or higher degrees in Accounting or Finance
Candidates with “Big 4” public accounting experience will be given preference
What we value and what you can expect from us:
- Integrity, commitment, accountability, team, continuous improvement, legendary service.
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO, Paid Holidays, and Short and Long-term disability, etc.
Work-life balance is practiced, and strongly encouraged, by the company