InterDent seeks to hire a self-motivated individual to technical leadership and management of the daily activities of the Field Service team to meet company goals and objectives. includes / resolution and technical direction/standards. The candidate will also be responsible for supervising, scheduling and coordinating Field Service Engineers and contractors efficiently & economically.This position has primary responsibility for all IT Operations within all dental offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead/perform imaging, configuration, installation, repair, testing, upgrading, and preventive diagnosis on the Dental IT hardware/software systems.
- Dental office server and workstation support including, configuration, troubleshooting, and backup.
- Support of applications used in dental offices including but not limited to, Sophos Antivirus, LANDesk (Ivanti), SolarWinds, Active Directory, MiPACS, QSI, CPS, Dolphin, and Digimodel.
- Champion Desktop and Windows 10 standards following industry best practices.
- Champion research and evaluations of new technologies required for dental offices.
- Escalation point and owner of IT related dental office problems.
- Drive the creation and maintenance of documentation for hardware configuration/standards, software configuration/maintenance activities for IT-supported equipment.
- Maintain asset integrity assessments for computer devices including the end of life and upgradeability for all locations.
- Manage third-party contract resources as needed.
- Create and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through advanced customer service skills, implementing fast quality responses to both clinical and corporate requests.
- Perform knowledge transfer to Field Support and Helpdesk personnel.
- Lead Field Service team and maintain the field service schedule and assignments including timely and accurate completion of field service activity.
- Must be flexible and available for on-call assignments.
- Analyze service desk ticket data to identify problem areas, devise and deliver solutions to address those problem areas and enhance departmental service quality.
- Lead field security incidents through mitigation activities to completion.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position will require travel time up to 50%.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills with management, co-workers, internal and external customers.
- Requires excellent systematic troubleshooting skills utilizing a structured and comprehensive process to determine the root-cause of an outage, with the ability to handle problems independently and implement corrective action.
- Advanced knowledge of PC operating systems (Windows 7 and Windows 10).
- Working knowledge of servers, operating systems (Windows Server 2008 and 2012) and VM Ware ESXi hypervisor.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Office 365 and SQL.
- Working knowledge of IP based networking technologies and equipment.
- Working knowledge of structured cabling (CAT5/5e/6/6e).
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Work under minimal supervision following established policies and procedures.
- Positively react to changing priorities such as projects, issue escalations, support, organizational and administrative duties. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be available and willing to travel, as needed and be available for specific emergency on-call work. Depending upon business needs travel can vary greatly to as high as 75% of the time.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable mode of transportation, qualified to obtain a credit card for expenses.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times, especially when interacting with other employees, management, and customers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree (BS) in a technology related field and 8+ years of related work experience or the equivalent combination of relevant technical training and work experience.
- Industry certifications:
- Required - A+, MCDST, ITIL
- 3+ years in a corporate end user support environment
- Experience selecting, implementing, and managing anti-virus tools
- Experience Supervising Field Service team supporting a multi-site environment.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Project planning experience performing hardware/software deployments.
- Dental/Medical field support experience.
- Experience supporting PACS systems or clinical information systems
- Industry certifications:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk or hear. The employee may frequently be required to lift and move up to 10 pounds, and may occasionally lift and move from 25 to up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.