FIND YOUR NEXT CAREER
|09-18-2017||Dental Assistant||Petaluma, CA|
At Gentle Dental, our Dental Assistants perform a variety of patient care, office, x-ray and laboratory duties. Dental assistants prep patients for oral examination and assist other dental professionals in providing treatment to the teeth, mouth and gums. Our Dental Assistants are passionate about dentistry, enjoy providing top notch customer service, and providing high quality care to our patients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Make patients comfortable and prepare them for treatment.
- Record, obtain, and review dental history and/or records from patient.
- Prepare treatment rooms, tray setups for dental procedures.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment.
- Prepare materials for making impressions and restorations.
- Assist the Dentist during examinations and treatment procedures.
- Expose radiographs, and process dental x-ray film as directed by the Dentist.
- Instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
- Actively participate as a contributing member of the office staff team to achieve patient satisfaction and office production goals.
- Comply with office policies and procedures, safety, OSHA and MSDS guidelines.
- Working knowledge of approved Dental Assistant functions.
- At least 6 months of previous dental experience.
- A State Dental Assisting License, an X-Ray license and a CPR license from the state you will be practicing in.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, life insurance, and PTO